The following are the terms and condition of entry to the 2021 QSuper Cardiac Challenge (“the event”) September 25-27, 2021
The terms are not negotiable and by entering the event via on-line registration and paying the registration fee, you are hereby acknowledging your acceptance of the terms and conditions. (For participants under 18, a parent or guardian accepts the terms by completing the registration.)
I AGREE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT ON THE FOLLOWING BASIS:
I commit to fundraising the designated minimum fundraising ($500.00 for riders $100.00 for Adult support) in donations as part of my participation in the 2021 QSuper Cardiac Challenge. I understand I will not be permitted to start the event unless I can demonstrate the donations or meet any shortfall in funds raised. Each participant will automatically receive an online fundraising webpage as part of the registration process either as an individual or as part of a team.
By participating, I acknowledge that cycling activities are dangerous recreational activities and that participating involves inherent risks and hazards including group / pack riding/ free riding arrangements.
I understand the ride is not a race and is conducted on public roads used by other traffic and that the roads will not be closed to traffic.
I agree to abide by the Queensland Road Rules and to follow any directions given by the Queensland Police, Ride Director or Ride Authorities.
I will ensure I am competent to take part in the ride, that my bicycle is mechanically sound and recently serviced and that I will wear an approved bicycle helmet and ride identification as required.
I am in good health and physically capable of participating in the ride. I do not have any medical conditions that may affect my own safety or the safety of anyone involved in the event.
• If the 2021 QSuper Cardiac Challenge is cancelled due to COVID-19 reasons, participants have the option to have their registration fee transferred to the next year, turned into a tax-deductible donation, or refunded.
How to participate safely and responsibly:
• Prepare for any additional social distancing or hygiene measures you need to take. It is your responsibility to bring your own sanitation products such as hand soap, sanitisers and wipes.
• We want you all to be safe and enjoy the ride. We also have a huge obligation to ensure the communities we visit stay safe.
• Exercise appropriate hygiene with regard to washing hands with soap, use of sanitisers, and leave no trace behind when you depart.
• The Foundation will limit the number of people who are able to access amenities (specifically toilets and showers) at any one time.
• The Foundation will have enhanced cleaning regimes.
• The Foundation will keep contact information for all persons participating for contract tracing purposes (this may need to be over and above the registration details).
• Participants must not attend the event if they have been to a declared COVID-19 Hotspot in the 14 days prior to the event, have been in contact with a known COVID-19 case, or have symptoms related to COVID-19.
• The Foundation requests those who are able to be self-contained, do so to reduce the number of people using facilities.