What to take
- bike (well-maintained)
- bike helmet
- spare bike parts (including spokes)
- comfortable cycling gear, including your official Cardiac Challenge jersey (supplied)
- water bottles (or camelbak)
- sun hat
- energy-boosting snack foods
- plate, bowl, cutlery, cup and tea-towel
- fold-up chair
- tent and sleeping gear (if camping)
- personal medical supplies (including pain killers and lubricant!)
- “aprez-ride” clothing and spending money
- a sense of humour and team spirit!
The Cardiac Challenge is a sporting adventure, not a luxury cruise, so keep it simple!
Here is a list of the basics: